Nikki Choyce, Peter Kirk Denger, Dick Garrison, Lloyd Sherman, and Jerry Tucker Omohundro, have been certified to run in the 2020 Property Owners’ Association Board of Directors Election. Three seats are up for election in 2020, replacing Directors Cindi Erickson and Mike Medica, and filling the unexpired term of Dick Garrison. The photos and unedited resumes will be included in the Spring edition of the Advocate, which is scheduled to be in the mail by Feb. 22.
At its January 15, 2020, meeting, the Board approved changes to the Bylaws and policies related to Board Elections. Major changes approved are as follows:
- All returned ballots will be directly sent to a third party who will provide them to the Election Chair on the day of counting.
- All ballots must be mailed by the members through the US Post Office and no ballot will be accepted from any other means
- There will be no replacement ballot if members’ ballots are lost, destroyed or become unusable
- The order of appearance of the candidates’ names on the ballot shall be random order with each candidate’s name appearing an equal number of times as mathematically possible.
Key dates on the Election Calendar include:
- February 19 – Draw and appoint members of Election Day Committee and Chair
- February 28 – Ballots mailed to members in good standing
- March 18 – Ballots returned to third party by 4p.m.
- March 19, 2020 – Election Date – Ballots counted by the Election Day Committee
- April 15 -New Board members seated at conclusion of regular board meeting
Members in good standing are needed to serve on the 2020 Election Day Committee. This committee is charged with overseeing the ballot counting for the Hot Springs Village Board of Directors Election. This is a one-day commitment. Applications are available online or in the Corporate Secretary’s office at the POA Administration Building, 895 DeSoto Blvd. Applications must be completed and returned to the Corporate Secretary’s office no later than Friday, February 14, 2020.
The Election Day Committee members will be selected by a blind draw during the Board of Directors meeting on Wednesday, Feb. 19. Applicants do not need to be present for the blind draw.
For more information, call 501-922-5541.