Hot Springs Village Public Utility Department

Our Mission

The mission of the Hot Springs Village Public Utility Department is to provide our customers with a safe, potable water supply and to reclaim our customers wastewater in a manner that meets or exceeds all state and federal standards and regulations.

About Us

Hot Springs Village (HSV) Public Utility Department (PUD) operates a public water and wastewater utility service to over 9000 customers. HSV PUD provides treated potable water from Lake Lago Reservoir (100-acres). The water distribution system consists of 11 water storage tanks, 7 booster pump stations, and 380 miles of water mains. Water is fluoridated to the proper levels in accordance with the Arkansas Department of Health’s Rules and Regulations.

HSV operates two wastewater treatment plants (WWTP), The Mill Creek WWTP and the Cedar Creek WWTP. The wastewater collection system consists of gravity pipe and pressurized force mains.

Consumer Confidence Report

Every year, the Hot Springs Village Public Utility Department publishes a consumer confidence report. This report is compiled from the Arkansas Department of Health’s official records, based on the department’s routine water sampling and testing results. State and federal rules require us to take 16 bacteriological water samples to be collected and tested monthly by the Arkansas Department of Health’s Public Health Laboratory in Little Rock. The samples are collected from established sampling points throughout the entire water distribution system. Each year, this report is distributed via the Postal Service.

To view the current Consumer Confidence Report, CLICK HERE. Previous years’ Consumer Confidence Reports are available upon request.

To view the 2018 Source Water Vulnerability Assessment from Arkansas Department of health for Hot springs Village water – PWSID-208 CLICK HERE


Customer Leaks

When possible, as a courtesy, Hot Springs Village Public Utility Department will notify customers when the water meter reading that serves their home or business indicates a water leak.

This simply means that an extended continuous flow of water was detected during the meter reading cycle. The notification is accomplished by a hanging tag left on the front door of the residence or business.

Water leaks can be difficult to find because, depending where the leak is located, they may never show themselves. The rocky and hilly terrain in Hot Springs Village is great for absorbing water leaks, never allowing them to surface. Broken pipes, leaking toilets, and malfunctioning irrigation systems are all common places where leaks are found.

A small 1 gallon per minute water leak can cause a customer to have an additional 43,000 gallons of usage on their water bill in one month. Any leak located on the home owner’s private property located between the water meter and the home is the responsibility of the owner to repair in a timely manner.

Backflow Prevention

What is backflow prevention? Backflow is simply the undesirable reversal of flow in a potable water distribution system as a result of a cross-connection. If a cross-connection exists within the customer’s plumbing system, it is possible for water from within that system to backflow or re-enter the public water system.

All commercial and all residential customers using potable water for their irrigation systems are required to have a backflow prevention device installed on their water service. The need for and the type of backflow prevention device depends on the hazard level and will be determined by a licensed technician.

It is required by Hot Springs Village Public Utility Department and the Arkansas Department of Health that backflow prevention devices are tested by a certified RPZ Technician on an annual basis. Copies of this test should be sent to the Public Utility Department in person, mail, or email at

If you have any questions, please contact the Public Utility Department staff at 501-922-5556, ext. 2118.

For a list of individuals that are certified by the Arkansas Department of Health to test and repair backflow preventers, click here.

Starting A New Water Service

If an owner of a new home wishes to start a new water service, a copy of a notarized deed is required before water service is established. The owner must be present at the home at the time the water service is turned on.

The owner is responsible for delivering the notarized deed to the Water Billing and Collections office in person or by email at

Water Security Deposit

Collecting Deposits:
Water Security Deposits are required on all Primary Residence Accounts. The Water Security Deposit can be viewed on the Rate Fee Schedule Click Here for the primary residence. The Water Security Deposit will be included on the first water bill following the purchase of a home. Water Security Deposits may be collected at the time of closing, when application is made or after the Water Account is transferred.

Delinquent Water Security Deposits:
Due dates for the Water Security Deposit will coincide with the due date of the statement on which the deposit is reflected. If payment is not made by the stated due date, it will result in disconnection of service.

Refunding Deposits:
Water Security Deposits are refunded when a home is sold.

Utility Service for New Construction:
There are fees that must be paid for each new utility service provided by the Permitting and Inspections Division. Click Here to view the fee schedule.

Utility services are billed bi-monthly, Click Here for water and wastewater utility rates.

Contact Us

For leaks and water problems detected after regular business hours, please contact the Water Plant non-emergency number at 501-922-1323.

Disconnect & Reconnect of Water Utility Service

To disconnect or reconnect an existing water service, please contact the Public Utility office at 501-922-5556 ext. 2118, 2128, or 2116

Delinquent Accounts

Accounts with unpaid balances are subject to disconnection. An additional fee will be charged when the Disconnect Service Order is issued.

The account must be paid in full, including the past due balance and any applicable fees, at the Billing Office, in order to re-establish water service.

Members may choose to register for the automatic draft program. By signing up for this service, your water payment will be withdrawn from your checking or saving account on the due date.

Members can receive the bill electronically by enrolling in Member Portal.

Payment Options
  • Pay in person at the Hot Springs Village Main Administration Office located at 895 Desoto Blvd. with cash, check, or credit card.
  • Pay online through your bank.
  • Remit payment to 895 DeSoto Blvd, Hot Springs Village AR 71909 (Please include payment stub with your payment, to ensure payments are credited properly)
  • Place payment in the drop box located in front of the Hot Springs Village Main Administration Office or at the Public Safety Office locate at 115 Calella Road, HSV.
  • Members may choose to register for the automatic draft program
  • Call the Billing Office by phone with Debit or Credit card with an additional fee of $7.50 by calling 501-922-5556 ext., 2116 or 2106
Billing Disputes

If you are concerned there may be a billing error, please contact the Billing office at 501-922-5556 ext., 2116 or 2106

Leak Adjustments

The Hot Springs Village Public Utility Department will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever caused by leakage, escape, or loss of water after the water has passed through the meter, nor for defects in the customer’s piping.

All pipes and fixtures on the customer’s side of the meter shall be kept in good repair and free from leaks at the expense of the customer.

Under certain conditions, the Utility Billing Office, may adjust the water charges in the event of a leak in the service line and/or irrigation line between the meter connection and the structure/home which results in excessive water loss. The Public Utility Department assumes no liability to the Customer for any collateral damage or loss. The conditions for an adjustment of charges on a house meter to be considered are as follows:

  • There must be evidence of a leak on the customer side of the meter, excluding water using devices connected to and extending outside the structure (i.e. hose bib, soaker hose etc.)
  • A copy of an itemized invoice from a plumbing company that repaired the leak stating the date(s) of repair and clearly stating the location of the leak must be presented to the staff at the Utility Billing office.
  • For a leak repaired by the customer, a letter from the customer stating the date the leak was first detected should be provided. The date(s) of repair and clearly stating the location of the leak along with an invoice for parts used in the repair must be presented to the staff of the Water Billing office.